![]() |
| Denise Odenkirk |
In 2012, GHX took a big step toward reducing the cost of doing business in healthcare and launched a cloud-based eInvoicing solution with POD for the industry.
How does it work?
It works just like any other eInvoicing solution out there today. Providers receive an email that contains a link they can click to quickly and easily receive their invoices. The eInvoicing with POD solution can be accessed by anyone with a web browser, not just exchange users.
What's so great about it?
A couple features I did not know about that really are great:
- You can include a carrier POD tracking number so your providers have proof of the receipt at their fingertips
- You can indicate when an invoice payment has been received
- You have visibility to which invoices have been clicked on
- You can include credit rebills on the portal
The benefits are real – and suppliers realize benefits that will continue to improve over time:
- A reduction or elimination of paper and postage costs
- A decrease in collector time managing AR phone and email inquiries (estimated over 15%)
- Quantifiable DSO improvement
The ROI for implementing eInvoicing is so powerful that I’ve seen this become a no brainer for many of the suppliers I’m working with. In addition to the benefits above, I believe your AR team would be able to shift their time away from managing inquiries for POD and invoice copies to focus on collections – making this a “must do” priority for your business.
I picked this as my first highlight because I wasn’t aware of the solution myself until joining GHX. If you are looking for a new idea that can deliver a home run in 2014 - I encourage you to take a look at eInvoicing.

No comments:
Post a Comment